Being able to get to the beach can be a concern for people who are wheelchair bound. For our guests who need handicap accessible beaches, we want to tell you where you should go so you can enjoy time with your family near the water! Here’s everything you need to know about handicap accessible beaches in South Walton:
Handicap Accessible Beaches
People who use wheelchairs need to be able to get to the beach easily, just like everyone else. There are several beaches that provide handicap access in the area. All of these have ramps to provide easy wheelchair access to the sand and water.
- Inlet Beach Access 2B – 438 South Orange Street Center, Inlet Beach, FL 32461
- Seagrove Beach Access 17 – 1931 E. Co Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Seaside Area Access 30 – 1931 E. Co Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Gulf Beach Access 39 – 1931 E. Co Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
- Miramar Beach Access 49 – 2375 Scenic Gulf Drive, Miramar Beach, FL 32550
See a map of these handicap accessible beaches here.
Wheelchairs for the Beach
The South Walton Fire District (SWFD) and the Walton County Tourist Development Council have come together to make beach wheelchairs available for people who need them. At five South Walton Fire District Lifeguard Stations, you will find beach wheelchairs you can use for free. These stations are near the handicap accessible beaches previously mentioned.
The chairs are available from 10 am until 5:30 pm every day. They are available during the lifeguard season, which is from the first Saturday in March until the last Sunday in September. ??Each chair must be operated by an on-duty lifeguard.
The person using the chair or their caregiver must sign a waiver to use the beach wheelchair. It is requested that the beach patron limit the usage of the beach wheelchair to the beach area in the immediate vicinity of the public beach access.
Here are the beaches with high-tech wheelchairs available to use:
- Miramar Beach Regional Access – 2375 Scenic Gulf Drive, Miramar Beach
- Ed Walline Regional Beach Access – 4447 West County Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach
- Van Ness Butler Regional Beach Access – 1931 East County Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach
- Santa Clara Regional Beach Access – 3468 East County Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach
- Inlet Beach Regional Access – 438 South Orange Street Center, Panama City Beach
For more information, call the South Walton Fire District office at (850) 267-1298.
Handicap Accessible Vacation Rentals
Since you know how you will get on the beach, now it’s time to find a place to stay. Many of our vacation rentals in South Walton and 30A are handicap accessible. You’ll have ramps that make it easy to get in and out of the rentals. They have plenty of room so you won’t feel cramped, and you’ll love the accessible showers. Once you stay with us, you won’t want to stay anywhere else!
Ready to book your trip to the beach? Look through our South Walton and 30A vacation rentals, and pick one out for your next trip!